Thursday, January 27, 2011

Picking a name

I'm still trying to come up with the right name for my blog. Something that captures my rabbi/spiritual side, my yoga (also spiritual) side, my love of arts and crafts, of spiritual direction, etc.

If I had a personalized license plate it would say Rabbi Eema, but that is not the right name for my blog, since I'm not going to spend too much time writing about being a Rabbi Eema. Although I will share with you now where that name came from.

When Shira and Ari were in Nursery School at the wonderful David Joshua Berg NS at Temple Beth Torah, whose 20th anniversary we will be celebrating at a festive affair on May 13th, their friends would call me Rabbi Susie or Rabbi Moskowitz, but Shira and Ari called me Eema. (Hebrew for Mommy.) And then it was a combination of Danielle and Nike, with Dominic's help, who coined my favorite name yet, Rabbi Eema. If Ari and Shira were calling me Eema, why couldn't they?

Anyway if you have any good ideas for a name, let me know. So far the top choice (created by Shira) is RavYogArt. Let me know what you think.

1 comment: